Subject Leader – Samantha Smart
Curriculum Intent Statement for Computing
We aim for all pupils to:
- Use computing to support their creativity and cross curricular learning to engage and enrich their experiences in school.
- Learn about online safety and what to do if they encounter something which makes them feel uncomfortable as well as what personal information is and why it is important, we don’t share it with someone on the internet.
- Progress their skills in digital literacy, computer science, information technology and online safety to ensure that children become competent in safely using, as well as understanding, technology.
- Become digitally literate by being able to use, express themselves and develop their ideas through information and communication technology.
- Pupils will have a secure knowledge and understanding of ICT and its increasing importance for their future both at home and for employment.
- Be able to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information using different software and hardware.